JSP staff vacancies
Hours: Full-time 37 hours per week (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm)
Salary: Â£19,000.00 p/a
Closing date: 02/07/2021
Interview date: TBC
At JS Parker Ltd, we offer brain injury and spinal injury case management, occupational therapy and expert witness services for complex care needs for both adults and children.
Our success depends on our people, our productivity, and our client-centred approach to work. An office administrator is the supportive driving force behind each of these areas, and we’re currently seeking someone to join our team.
The administration team across JS Parker provides a central point of contact for our clients, their legal representatives or Support Workers, as well as for our staff working across the company. This is a busy and sometimes challenging role that would suit a proactive worker with great organisation skills, multitasking and flexibility to handle the unexpected.
The ideal candidate for the role is a problem-solver with excellent written and verbal communication skills, accuracy when working with data and a detail-oriented mindset. Previous experience in a legal or medical background would be ideal. As a CQC registered company, the accuracy of our client record keeping and compliance is at the core of everything we do, helping to ensure the safety and quality of service for our clients.
This position is based in our Sheffield office, but the JSP administration team is comprised of staff from each of our other offices in Manchester, Stocksfield (Northumberland) and Edinburgh. The Sheffield-based administrators report directly to the Deputy Admin Team Manager for the Sheffield office, and the administration team as a whole is overseen by the Admin Team Manager.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Administrative support to the Case Managers, Occupational Therapists and other JSP staff
- Assisting with non-fee-earning and fee-earning tasks, as instructed by the clinical staff
- Some shared reception duties, including answering phones, greeting visitors or clients, sorting and distributing incoming post, and dealing with outgoing post and special deliveries if required
- Client administration: including maintaining client records, disclosures, archiving and retrieval of files, collating statistics, and scheduling client reviews
- Support Worker administration: including new starters set up, DBS, and maintaining Support Worker employment records
- Support Worker Covid support: including sending out of weekly test kits, monitoring results inbox and collating figures for management reports
- Support Worker Payroll: checking and processing timesheets, inputting data to payroll spreadsheets, maintenance of payroll and holiday pay records, dealing with queries from Support Workers or Case Managers, and liaising with the Accountants
- Liaising with the Quality Team on running compliance audit reports on client documents and Support Worker records for CQC (Care Quality Commission)
- Minute taking for team meetings, and as and when required by other JSP staff.
- IT tasks, including use of all Microsoft Office programs and in-house software, tech support to the clinical team – troubleshooting issues with IT software/hardware and smart phones, etc
- General administration duties: such as typing letters, formatting reports, scheduling meetings and meeting rooms, assisting with staff hotdesk bookings, and general upkeep of the office and reception areas
- Ordering and maintaining sufficient inventory of office supplies and equipment
- Other duties and tasks, as assigned
Skills and Qualifications:
- GCSEs, or equivalent, in English and Maths (grades A-C / 9-4)
- Good written and verbal communication skills, grammar, spelling, style, etc.
- Good numeracy skills, accuracy and an eye for detail
- Proficient in IT with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Proactive, able to plan ahead and manage your own workload
- Strong time management skills and multitasking ability
- Reliable and professional - you value honesty and discretion
- 2+ years’ experience in an administrative role
- Previous experience in the Legal or Medico-Legal industry
- Experience of working with confidential client documentation
- Previous Payroll experience
- Strong record-keeping skills
- Minute taking experience
This post is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service check
Please email your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org and to request an application form.
If you would like an informal discussion about the role, please contact Clare Savage, Admin Team Manager, on 07969 252 003, or email email@example.com