Support worker vacancies
Location: Castle Douglas, Scotland
Hours: Approx. 6 hours per week
Salary: £15.00 per hour
Closing date: To be confirmed
Interview date: To be confirmed
We are seeking an enthusiastic and proactive individual to support a young woman with a brain injury in Castle Douglas in a fitness programme, which will be developed by a specialist neurophysiotherapist.
You will support her to undertake an maintain an exercise programme by motivating and facilitating and you will incorporate guidance on health and nutrition under the guidance of the neurophysiotherapist.
The post will consist of 2-3 sessions each week at times to be agreed and could include evening and weekend shifts.
JS Parker Ltd (JSP) provides an essential service to both adults and children who have suffered brain and spinal injury. Qualified staff assess clients’ needs and offer individually designed case management and rehabilitation programmes. The company was established in 1994 and is now a successful rehabilitation and case management consultancy, working in close co-operation with the legal profession. We now have five offices employing around 80 staff. We manage over 400 support workers and provide services to just under 400 clients nationally.
JSP is not an agency. Recruitment of staff for small, personalised care teams is part of our case management service and is undertaken on behalf of individuals using this service.
- you are reliable and professional - you value honesty and discretion
- you are friendly and approachable
- you are flexible and you work well under pressure
- you are physically fit and active with an interest in exercise
- you have a good sense of humour
- you can motivate and encourage, being firm but fair
- you are IT literate
- you have experience of supporting someone with a brain injury
- you have a full, clean UK driving licence
- you have your own car that you can use for work purposes
If you are interested in working with us, we'd love to hear from you.
To apply, please download the application form at below and return it to us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
For an informal discussion about this role please contact us on 0131 554 8970 quoting ref: FP/DJ/Sep18
CVs are not accepted
This post is subject to an enhanced Protection of Vulnerable Groups (PVG) check