JSP staff vacancies
Location: Stocksfield, Northumberland
Hours: 37 hours per week
Salary: £23,000 per annum
Closing date: 24/05/2018
Interview date: 5/6/2018
About the role:
This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic, motivated individual to work within our well established occupational therapy service. You will be responsible for assisting the occupational therapy team with rehabilitation programmes that are currently in place and working with clients who have acquired brain injuries, spinal injuries or complex disabilities.
The role involves keeping accurate, clear clinical records and you may be required to provide written reports as part of the medico-legal process. All therapy programmes are supported by relevant outcome measures to evidence progress. The ability to work independently, as well as a team player, is vital and you must be able to demonstrate good organisational and communication skills. As part of the team you will receive comprehensive supervision from a senior member of the team, in-house/external training, peer support and an annual appraisal.
JSP provides an essential service to both adults and children who have suffered brain and spinal injury. Qualified staff assess clients’ needs and offer individually designed case management and rehabilitation programmes. The company was established in 1994 and is now a successful rehabilitation and case management consultancy, working in close co-operation with the legal profession. We now have five offices employing around 80 staff. We manage over 400 support workers and provide services to just under 400 clients nationally.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working with clients with a brain injury, either in the community or within a rehabilitation setting
- Experience of working alongside therapists carrying out therapy programmes with clients
- Understanding the needs of clients’ families
- Take pride in your work and have a strong desire to provide high-quality service to your clients
- Organised, with an eye for detail, in order to achieve the standard of service delivery required in this role
- Able to drive and hold a clean driving license
- you have experience of working with confidential client documentation
- you are able to problem solve and go the extra mile
- you have a good working knowledge of grammar, punctuation, spelling, style, etc.
If you are interested in working with us, we'd love to hear from you
For an informal discussion about our company and this role please contact either Julie Meighan, Senior Occupational Therapist at 01661 845960 or Denise Slack, Clinical Lead (OT) at 01142 290100.