Support worker vacancies
Rehabilitation Support Workers
Location: St Helens
Hours: Approx. 16-20 hours per week
Salary: £10 pr hr weekdays; £11 pr hr weekends; £60 pr weekday sleep-in shift; £70 per weekend sleep-in shift; double time on bank holidays
Closing date: To be confirmed
Interview date: To be confirmed
We are seeking enthusiastic and motivated rehabilitation support workers to support a 9-year-old boy with cerebral palsy and complex needs.
The family are looking for individuals to support their son both in the family home and in the community.
This post will involve working as part of a dynamic multi-disciplinary team, supporting our client to access the community, assisting with his therapy program and learning, as well as attending to some personal care needs.
When taking the young person out in the community, support will be provided to the client on a 2:1 basis.
Training and supervision will be provided to successful applicants.
Shifts will include: Evenings after school and weekend shifts, additional day time shifts during school holidays and possible travel with the family, and may include occasional overnight care.
- This position would suit a flexible, caring and honest candidate who is looking for long term involvement with the client and his family
- Relevant experience essential
- Knowledge of Makaton sign language is desirable
- Experience of providing support to young people with complex needs on a 2:1 basis is desirable
- Full UK driving license and car owner essential
- Flexibility essential