Support worker vacancies
Female Support Worker
Hours: Saturday and Sunday, 9am – 8pm (alternative weekends)
Salary: £8.25 p hr (weekdays); £9.50 pr hr (weekends); £7.50 pr hr (sleep-in shifts); double time on bank holidays
Closing date: 25/01/2019
Interview date: To be confirmed
We are seeking an enthusiastic and proactive individual to support a mature woman with a brain injury in the Rotherham area.
You will support her with social activities both at home and in the community. Training and supervision will be given.
JS Parker Ltd (JSP) provides an essential service to both adults and children who have suffered brain and spinal injury. Qualified staff assess clients’ needs and offer individually designed case management and rehabilitation programmes. The company was established in 1994 and is now a successful rehabilitation and case management consultancy, working in close co-operation with the legal profession. We now have five offices employing around 80 staff. We manage over 400 support workers and provide services to just under 400 clients nationally.
JSP is not an agency. Recruitment of staff for small, personalised care teams is part of our case management service and is undertaken on behalf of individuals using this service.
- you are reliable and professional - you value honesty and discretion
- you are friendly and approachable
- you are flexible and you work well under pressure
- you have a full, clean UK driving licence and are able to drive a manual vehicle
- you are committed to teamwork and able to offer flexibility to meet the client’s changing needs
- you have a good sense of humour, willingness to learn, a caring attitude, ability to develop a trusting relationship and a real desire to enable someone to achieve her life goals
- post open to women only (GOQ applies)
- you have experience of supporting someone with a brain injury
- you are a confident swimmer
- you are flexible and able to cover annual leave and sickness
If you are interested in working with us, we'd love to hear from you.
To apply, please download the application form below and return it to us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
For an informal discussion about this role please contact us on 0114 250 7711 quoting ref: JC/AB/October2018
CVs are not accepted
This post is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service check