Support worker vacancies
Hours: 6 hours total- Wednesday and Thursday 9am-12pm
Salary: 11 per hour (weekdays); £12 (weekends); double time on bank holidays
Closing date: 31/03/2020
Interview date: TBC
About the role:
We are seeking an enthusiastic and proactive individual to support a gentleman with a brain injury in the north Sheffield area. The gentleman also has pre-existing visual and hearing impairments.
You will support him to maintain his independence, both at home and in the community, no personal care is involved. An interest in football or soap operas would be advantage. Training and supervision will be given.
There will be the possibility of ad-hoc overtime and annual leave cover, plus the potential to travel on holiday with the client.
JS Parker Ltd (JSP) provides an essential service to both adults and children who have suffered brain and spinal injury. Qualified staff assess clients’ needs and offer individually designed case management and rehabilitation programmes. The company was established in 1994 and is now a successful rehabilitation and case management consultancy, working in close co-operation with the legal profession. We now have five offices employing around 80 staff. We manage over 400 support workers and provide services to just under 400 clients nationally.
JSP is not an agency. Recruitment of staff for small, personalised care teams is part of our case management service and is undertaken on behalf of individuals using this service.
- you are reliable and professional - you value honesty and discretion
- you are friendly and approachable
- you are flexible and you work well under pressure
- you have excellent communication skills
- you have your own car that you can use for work purpose
- you are prepared and able to travel on holiday with the client, if required
- you have experience of supporting someone with a brain injury/disability/sensory impairment
- you have a full, clean UK driving licence
If you are interested in working with us, we'd love to hear from you.
To apply, please download the application form and return it to us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
For an informal discussion about this role please contact us on 0114 250 7711 quoting ref: VB/DP/SWAugust2019
CVs are not accepted
This post is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service check