Support worker vacancies
Location: Outskirts of York
Hours: 10am till 4pm (minimum 3 days per week) with potential for additional hours
Salary: £10.30 per hour (weekdays); £11.33 per hour (weekends); £8.31 per hour for occasional overnights if accompanying on holidays; double time on bank holidays and possible
Closing date: 17/08/2020
Interview date: TBC
About the role:
We are seeking an enthusiastic and proactive individual to support a young man with cerebral palsy, visual difficulties, and epilepsy in the Beningbrough area. You will support him with his rehabilitation programme and to increase his independence, both at home and in the community. You will support him with daily living skills including assisting to make healthy meals and snacks and support him to attend a college placement/work experience. You will be working alongside our client’s therapists and assist with rehabilitation strategies and techniques. You will act as a driver for our client in his vehicle, as necessary. Full training and supervision will be given. This post includes evening and weekend shifts, and occasional sleep in duties when accompanying client on holidays.
JS Parker Ltd (JSP) provides an essential service to both adults and children who have suffered brain and spinal injury. Qualified staff assess clients’ needs and offer individually designed case management and rehabilitation programmes. The company was established in 1994 and is now a successful rehabilitation and case management consultancy, working in close co-operation with the legal profession. We now have five offices employing around 80 staff. We manage over 400 support workers and provide services to just under 400 clients nationally.
JSP is not an agency. Recruitment of staff for small, personalised care teams is part of our case management service and is undertaken on behalf of individuals using this service.
- Positive and professional approach and attitude.
- Flexibility and capability to work hours agreed.
- Hold a full clean driving licence, have a car, and have the ability to drive client’s car.
- Physical capability to move and handle client including pushing the client’s wheelchair when required.
- Experience of working with a person with a cerebral palsy and/or visual difficulties.
- Experience of working with clients in their own homes.
- Experience of one to one work with clients.
- An interest in Art, photography, filmmaking and media skills including video editing, photoshop, and web design.
- Willingness to discuss and enjoy science fiction films and computer games on the Xbox and play station.
If you are interested in working with us, we'd love to hear from you.
To apply, please download the application form at www.casemanagement.co.uk and return it to us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
For an informal discussion about this role please contact us on 0114 229 0100 quoting ref: SB/AF/June2020
CVs are not accepted
This post is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service check