Support worker vacancies
Location: Glossop, Derbyshire
Hours: Approx. 15 hours per week
Salary: £10.00 per hour (weekdays); £10.50 per hour (weekends); double time on bank holidays
Closing date: To be confirmed
Interview date: To be confirmed
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and proactive individual to work with a 33-year-old man who has overcome a traumatic brain injury.
You will assist and support the client to participate in everyday activities within the home and in the local community and support them with independent living. Duties will include domestic tasks, shopping, acting as driver and support to attend appointments.
There will be the opportunity to work additional hours to support the client with holidays in the UK and abroad.
You will work alongside the multi-disciplinary team who work with the client in the delivery of the rehabilitation programme that will help the client achieve his personal goals.
JS Parker Ltd (JSP) provides an essential service to both adults and children who have suffered brain and spinal injury. Qualified staff assess clients’ needs and offer individually designed case management and rehabilitation programmes. The company was established in 1994 and is now a successful rehabilitation and case management consultancy, working in close co-operation with the legal profession. We now have five offices employing around 80 staff. We manage over 400 support workers and provide services to just under 400 clients nationally.
JSP is not an agency. Recruitment of staff for small, personalised care teams is part of our case management service and is undertaken on behalf of individuals using this service.
- you are confident and assertive
- you are flexible to meet the needs of the client
- you have the availability and capability to work hours in rota
- you are a car owner with driving licence and insurance covering business use
- you have experience of working with a person with a brain injury
- you have experience of working with clients in their own homes
- you have experience of one to one work with clients
- you have an interest in attending the gym and fishing
- you have an interest in concerts, music festivals and theatre
If you are interested in working with us, we'd love to hear from you.
To apply, please download the application form below and return it to us by email at email@example.com
For an informal discussion about this role please contact us on 0161 247 7756 quoting ref: AM/GB/0318
CVs are not accepted
This post is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service check