Support worker vacancies
Location: Thurnscoe, DN5
Hours: Approx. 30 hours per week (worked as 60 hours per fortnight), additional weekend and school holiday hours to be determined / negotiated
Salary: £9.50 per hour (weekdays); £10.50 per hour (weekends); £10.50 per hour waking night; £19.00 on bank holidays
Closing date: To be confirmed
Interview date: To be confirmed
About the role:
We are seeking an enthusiastic, patient and proactive individual to support a young man with cerebral palsy in the Thurnscoe (DN5) area.
You will support him with his rehabilitation programme and to increase his independence, both at home and in the community. Training and supervision will be given.
This post includes regular evening / waking night hours. Additional weekend and school holiday hours to be determined / negotiated.
JS Parker Ltd (JSP) provides an essential service to both adults and children who have suffered brain and spinal injury. Qualified staff assess clients’ needs and offer individually designed case management and rehabilitation programmes. The company was established in 1994 and is now a successful rehabilitation and case management consultancy, working in close co-operation with the legal profession. We now have five offices employing around 80 staff. We manage over 400 support workers and provide services to just under 400 clients nationally.
JSP is not an agency. Recruitment of staff for small, personalised care teams is part of our case management service and is undertaken on behalf of individuals using this service.
- you are reliable and professional - you value honesty and discretion
- you are friendly and approachable
- you are flexible and you work well under pressure
- you are patient and able to work alone and as part of a team
- applicants must be over 21 years of age due to motor insurance requirements
- you have experience of supporting someone with a brain injury / spinal injury / cerebral palsy
- you have a full, clean UK driving licence
- you have your own car that you can use for work purposes
If you are interested in working with us, we'd love to hear from you.
To apply, please download the application form below and return it to us by email at email@example.com
For an informal discussion about this role please contact us on 0114 229 0100 quoting ref: EH/JP/March2018
CVs are not accepted
This post is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service check