Support worker vacancies
Location: Mansfield area
Hours: averaged 16.75 per week plus 2 sleeps ins every 4 weeks
Salary: £9.00 per hour weekdays; £10.00 per hour weekends; £18.00 per hour Bank holidays (if worked) minimum wage per hour Sleep-in duties
Closing date: 25/07/2018
Interview date: TBC
About the role:
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a friendly team of support workers. You will be enabling a woman with cerebral palsy to participate in all activities of daily living at home, in the wider community and accompanying her on holidays. The role includes personal care routines and working alongside therapists to implement rehabilitation strategies.
Training and supervision will be given.
This post includes evening, weekend shifts and sleep-in duties.
JS Parker Ltd (JSP) provides an essential service to both adults and children who have suffered brain and spinal injury. Qualified staff assess clients’ needs and offer individually designed case management and rehabilitation programmes. The company was established in 1994 and is now a successful rehabilitation and case management consultancy, working in close co-operation with the legal profession. We now have five offices employing around 80 staff. We manage over 400 support workers and provide services to just under 400 clients nationally.
JSP is not an agency. Recruitment of staff for small, personalised care teams is part of our case management service and is undertaken on behalf of individuals using this service.
- You are committed to teamwork and able to offer flexibility to meet the client’s changing needs
- You have a good sense of humour, willingness to learn, a caring attitude, ability to develop a trusting relationship and a real desire to enable someone to achieve her life goals
- You have a full driving licence and can drive a manual vehicle
- Post open to women only - GOQ applies
- You have experience of working with adults in the community with a brain injury
- You have experience of working with adults in the community who have cerebral palsy / physical difficulties
If you are interested in working with us, we'd love to hear from you.
To apply, please download the application form below and return it to us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
CVs are not accepted
This post is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service check