Support worker vacancies
Female Support Worker
Reference: RB/DG/August 2018
Hours: Approx. 22 hours per week (negotiable) plus 2 sleep-in shifts per week (if desired)
Salary: £9.50 per hour (weekdays); £10.50 per hour (weekends); double time on bank holidays; £7.30 per hour (sleep-ins) during probationary period
Closing date: 07/03/2019
Interview date: To be confirmed
We are seeking an enthusiastic and proactive individual to support a woman with cerebral palsy in the Garforth area of Leeds.
You will support her with personal care, household tasks and for social/leisure activities, both at home and in the community. The post may also require you to support the client and her husband to access holidays within the UK and abroad. Training and supervision will be given.
This post will include evening and weekend shifts.
JS Parker Ltd (JSP) provides an essential service to both adults and children who have suffered brain and spinal injury. Qualified staff assess clients’ needs and offer individually designed case management and rehabilitation programmes. The company was established in 1994 and is now a successful rehabilitation and case management consultancy, working in close co-operation with the legal profession. We now have five offices employing around 80 staff. We manage over 400 support workers and provide services to just under 400 clients nationally.
JSP is not an agency. Recruitment of staff for small, personalised care teams is part of our case management service and is undertaken on behalf of individuals using this service.
- you are reliable and professional - you value honesty and discretion
- you are friendly and approachable
- you are flexible, and you work well under pressure
- you have a full, clean UK driving licence and able to drive a manual vehicle
- you are committed to teamwork and able to offer flexibility to meet the client’s changing needs
- you have a good sense of humour, willingness to learn, caring attitude, ability to develop a trusting relationship and a real desire to enable someone to achieve her life goals
- Post open to women only (GOQ applies)
- you have previous experience of caring for someone within their own home and/or of supporting someone with cerebral palsy (specialist training will be provided)
If you are interested in working with us, we'd love to hear from you.
To apply, please download the application form below and return it to us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
For an informal discussion about this role please contact us on 0114 250 7711 quoting ref: RB/DG/Feb2018
CVs are not accepted
This post is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service check