Support worker vacancies
Support Workers needed to work with children
Reference: EH/ SB/ June 2021
Hours: Shifts to be discussed. Initial hours to be covered (may be subject to change dependent upon the needs of the client); term time weekdays 6am to 9am/ 4pm to 10pm (currently Tuesday to Friday) and weekends (currently Saturday only)/ school holidays 12
Salary: Â£13.00 per hour (weekdays); Â£13.75 per hour (weekends); waking nights to be determined; double time on bank holidays
Closing date: 12/08/2021
Interview date: TBC
About the role:
We are seeking enthusiastic, energetic, committed and proactive individuals to join a new team to support a 7-year old boy with Down Syndrome, alongside his younger brother who has autism in the context of their wider family.
You will work with the Case Manager and a team of therapists to implement therapy programmes and to support the client at home and in the community as required. Training and supervision will be given.
This post will include day, evening and weekend shifts and possible waking nights.
JS Parker Ltd (JSP) provides an essential service to both adults and children who have suffered brain and spinal injury. Qualified staff assess clients’ needs and offer individually designed case management and rehabilitation programmes. The company was established in 1994 and is now a successful rehabilitation and case management consultancy, working in close co-operation with the legal profession. We now have five offices employing around 80 staff. We manage over 400 support workers and provide services to just under 400 clients nationally.
JSP is not an agency. Recruitment of staff for small, personalised care teams is part of our case management service and is undertaken on behalf of individuals using this service.
- Mental and physical stamina
- Reliable and professional – you value honesty and discretion
- Availability to work hours in rota
- Willing to take direction and be part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Flexible, patient and you work well under pressure
- Active and fun-loving
- Friendly, approachable and empathetic
- Experience of working with children or adults with disabilities and challenging behaviour
- Experience of working with clients in their own homes
- Experience of one to one work with clients at home, education settings or in the community
- An understanding of child development and childcare issues
- Full, clean UK driving licence
- You own your own car that can be used for work purposes
If you are interested in working with us, we'd love to hear from you.
To apply, please download the application form at http://www.casemanagement.co.uk/recruitment/support-workers-needed-to-work-with-children_2 and return it to us by email at email@example.com
For an informal discussion about this role please contact us on 0114 229 0100 quoting ref: EH/SB/June 2021
CVs are not accepted
This post is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service check
You will be required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for this role
Read more about us here: www.casemanagement.co.uk